For this assignment in the ds106 bank, I had moved onto the mashup category. This task required me to mix some songs together and have the person listening to it guess what the song is. This assignment I enjoyed and got carried away because when I was looking for the songs to use on youtube I kept on getting distracted and listening to the whole length of the song rather than looking for a couple of seconds to use. So this led me to wasting quite a bit of time as I literally couldn’t stop listening to music.
Choosing the songs to use and choosing what part of the song to use was harder then expected because I didn’t want it to be too hard but at the same time I didn’t want it to be easy to guess, so I did a mix of easy and hard. For a couple of the songs I would use the chorus, which makes it quite easy but some of the others I used verses from the song just to make it a bit more difficult. Also, I tended to use songs that are relatively recent within the charts.
The creating of this mashup was relatively straightforward. I would download the songs that I needed from youtube and import the audio into audacity and crop out the audio that I didn’t need. When I had chosen the audio that I wanted I then put it all together and then uploaded it to soundcloud.Go check out my mashup and try and guess what songs I have put together! Click here!!